Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Penang prawn Noodles


I was never keen of the smelly `belacan’ (shrimp paste), but last Sunday I decided to give Penang Prawn Noodle a try…from what my sister in law told me, making the base is a mission and since I have never tasted the original Penang Prawn Noodle before, I kinda let my imagination crawls…



Ingredients:

200g shelled King Prawns and some fish balls
350g Dried baby Shrimps (replacing the smelly Belacan)
3 big red Chili, Minced
1 small brown onion, minced
4 shallots, minced
2 cups of Seafood Stock
¼ cup of Sweet SoyaSsauce
4 tbsp of Lampung Chili Sauce
3 tbsp of Thai Fish Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Hard boiled egg
Bean sprouts
Coriander and fried onion for garnishing
Rice vermicelli soaked in warm water and drained


Heat wok; add minced onion, red chilli, baby shrimps, minced shallot, and sauté till light brown
Add in seafood stock, bring to boil.
Add in sweet soy sauce, chilli sauce and fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Add the prawns and fish balls
Bring to boil

Pour soup over vermicelli and add garnishes. Serve hot.

No comments: